Student Financial Support
This report covers financial aid for all campuses, including an all campus summary, for all degree-seeking undergraduates and new freshmen degree-seeking undergraduates.
There are up to five years of data available covering Fall 2013 – Summer 2018 or Aid Years 2014–18. Aid years run from the fall through the summer terms as listed below:
- Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 = Aid Year 2018
- Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 = Aid Year 2017
- Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016 = Aid Year 2016
- Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 = Aid Year 2015
- Fall 2013, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014 = Aid Year 2014
The data covers four broad areas: Gift Aid, Loans, Employment, and Waivers. The first enrolled term of the respective aid year has been used to determine the student type and campus for each student. Disbursed amounts have been used for financial aid; paid amounts have been used for employment.
View the data load table for details on the scheduled updating and staff contact for these data.
Notes & Data Sources:
- Data Source: University of Minnesota, Student Financial data tables, DWSA official enrollment snapshot tables (STIX)
- Students with Aid includes Gift Aid (examples include: Athletic, Federal PELL, State Grants, University of Minnesota scholarships, etc.), Loans (including PLUS), and Work Study (Excludes Waivers, Tuition Benefits, and Other Employment).
- Unduplicated Head Count for Enrolled Students (first term) is used to calculate percentages. First term is used to determine where to report a student (campus or student type), so if a student does not enroll fall term but does enroll spring term for a respective aid year, the student will be reported based on their spring term enrollment (first term enrolled for the year).
- PLUS = Parent Loans
- FT = Full-Time, PT = Part-Time
- FAFSA = Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- University Scholarships includes UPromise, Aid from Admissions, Aid from MN Medical Foundation, Aid from U of M Foundation, Multicultural Excellence Program (MEP), and College/Departmental Aid (excludes Athletic Scholarships and Waivers)
- Work Study includes State, Federal, and Employer (U of MN) contribution.
- Average Loan Debts are not available prior to Aid Year 2013 for the Rochester campus (the first graduates for Rochester were in AY2013).